Any queries on renting a campervan?
In this section we will be collecting the most frequently asked questions to help you with your doubts.
1. Where is Flamenco Campers?
We are in Malaga, just 10 minutes away the International Airport. If you wish so, we can pick you up at the airport or train station AVE. (Service under request)
2. What does the rental rate include?
The rental rate includes VAT and full insurance with road assistance. Our campers include a basic equipment. You can also rent many other accessories as an optional extras, so you don´t miss any fun and comfort in your holidays.
3. How old do I have to be to rent a camper?
You need to be more than 28 years and have a driving license class B with at least 3 years old. If you are not European resident you will need the international license too.
4. How do I confirm my reservation?
To confirm your booking you need to pay 40% of the total amount by bank transfer, credit card or Paypal. The rest of the payment must be done 25 days before the start of your rent.
5. How is our cancellation policy?
If you need to cancel the binding reservation, you will have to pay the following cancellation charges:
• up to 50 days before the start of the holiday, 20% of the total rental price.
• between 49 and 25 days before the start of the holiday, 50% of the total rental price.
• between 24 and 16 days before the start of the holiday, 75% of the total rental price.
• between 15 and 8 days before the start of the holiday, 90% of the total rental price.
• less than 7 days before start of the hire, 100% of the total rental price.
We recommend you to take out a travel and holidays insurance for the case of unforeseen circumstances and also to cover your personal belongings.
6. What documentation do I need to present to collect the camper?
You must present your ID card or passport, driving license, an updated invoice (2 months max.) of domestic supply (telephone, water, electricity, bank, etc …) to confirm your address and a credit card to pay the security deposit. Without this documentation we cannot rent the camper and it will be considered as a last-minute cancellation.
7. Why do I have to pay a security deposit?
The security deposit of 600 € is charged on the credit card when collecting camper. It is a fully refundable deposit, which is used in the event of any loss or damage to the vehicle and/or its interior, tires, windows and basic & extra equipment, during the rental period. It is also applicable to the payment of eventual fines.
8. Can I add additional drivers?
You can if meets all general requirements. Only one additional driver can be added at a cost of 50€ per rental.
9. Are there any restrictions on mileage?
Mileage is unlimited on rentals over 7 days. For rentals less than 7 days it is allowed a maximum of 200 km/day at a cost of 0.40 € + VAT per mile in excess.
10. What do I have to bring with me?
The campers are equipped for you to bring only your backpack with your luggage. You can bring your sleeping bag or your linen and towels; otherwise you can rent them too, as well as pillows, quilts and many other extras.
11. How many people can travel and sleep in a camper?
Our campers are approved to travel 4 passengers (2 adults + 2 kids).
12. Can I take my dog with me?
We have reserved a camper for you to travel with your dog. The rest are reserved to respect those with allergies. We accept only one dog per camper with an extra charge of 50 € for the total rent as an additional cleaning fee. You must never leave the dog alone in the camper. You must inform us in advance to confirm our approval and availability.
13. Can I smoke or light candles in the camper?
In order to be respectful to future clients, we do not allow smoking within our campers. For safety reasons, it is also forbidden lighting candles inside the camper.
14. Can I leave my car in your facilities?
Yes, we have an outdoor parking on our premises for you to leave your vehicle. This service is free and always at your own risk.
15. Can I go out of Spain with the camper?
No, the insurance policy does not cover outside the country. To leave the country (is only permited Portugal) you need an express permission from FC to be requested at booking time and an international insurance extra charge.
16. Do I pay any additional cleaning costs to the amount of rent?
No, as long as you return the camper in the same cleaning condition that you collect it, so you should clean it after your vacation outside and inside, empty the waste water and sewage tank (only Exclusive). Otherwise we will charge a penalty of 150 € + VAT.
17. What time can I pick up and return the camper at?
Generally the supply of vehicles shall be from Monday to Friday, from 14:00 to 19:00 PM; the returns are from Monday to Friday before 11:00 AM.
On Saturdays and Sundays deliveries and returns will only be accepted if an agreement is reached prior at an additional cost according to current rates.
If you need different hours of collection or delivery, please contact us. We will try to adjust ourselves to your needs always in agreement.
18. How fast are you traveling in the camper?
The maximum speed will depend on the road. You must respect the speed limits set by law at all times. In motorways we recommend you not to exceed the 110 km/h.
19. How higher is the camper?
Manuela, Carmela, Lucia & Merche models are 2.00 m with the pop up roof closed and 2.70 m with the roof open. Lola, Pepa & Juana models are 2.80 m in height.